Friday, August 29, 2008

That Was A Pain

Ok, all I have to say is wow talk about cranking it up a notch. Week 3 day 1 of the 100 Push Up Challenge kicked my ass, to put it mildly. I must admit right up front that I was not a good listener. I did not follow the guidance of the site and do my exhaustion test a day or two ahead of starting the Week 3 workout. It's not that I didn't want to I just forgot. that was a mistake I won't make again.

I did the test first thing yesterday morning. No problem I will do the workout last thing before bed. That will be just fine. Yeah...no. Going from a workout of 5 sets totaling 69 push ups with 2 minute rests between sets to a workout of 5 sets totaling 99 push ups with 1 minute rests between sets was more than my arms were ready to handle. They kept saying to me, "I thought we did this already today. We don't want to do push ups again today. check back with us tomorrow." The program says you may take longer rests and I absolutely listened to that. I ended up needed to take closer to 2 minute rests before sets 4 and 5.

By the end of the week all of the sets will be of 20 push ups or more. This week I really feel will be a big challenge and I think may prove to be a week I need to do more than once before moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment