Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reggie Bush Tweets About "No Homo"

adidas miCoach Reggie BushImage by adifansnet via Flickr




Today on Twitter Running Back for the New Orleans Saints, Reggie Bush sent the following tweet.





Now I follow Reggie and I responded yes. To me it is a way someone would show they didn't want to be thought of as gay. This means they are making a negative connection to being gay. So to me it would be offensive. Same as saying, "That's so gay."

But I was curious to see where this would go. So I monitored the situation. Check out some of the responses Reggie received.














The above clips are just a small sampling of the hundreds of response he received. I was impressed with how many said yes it was. There were also the standard amount that called him gay for asking. Then there were those that didn't have any issue with it at all.

Three hours later Reggie posted on Twitter again discussing the topic after TMZ.com put it on their site. Here is what Reggie said.








I had no issue with Reggie asking the question. I thought it was not the smartest move as a public figure to ask about the offensiveness of something on such a public forum. After all, isn't that how TMZ makes their money. Famous people doing things publicly that they can exploit and make bigger than it needs to be.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. @MrBizznass you are a dumbass it isn't a lifestyle choice get your facts straight and it is offensive.

    "no homo" is offensive just like any other term against any other group.

    ReplyDelete