Saturday, April 25, 2009

Podcast - Episode 5




Episode 5 of "Thoughts From A Lezzymom" is now available FREE on iTunes. You can subscribe and listen to it here. Please use the tell your friends link in iTunes and spread the word about the show.If you don't have iTunes use the player in the sidebar on the blog to listen to the show.


In this episode of the podcast I discuss the latest in LGBT news. Some of the topics are the "firsts" our community has seen over the last few weeks. As well as an update on the possible police discrimination case that I had discussed on the blog.



Following the news we have a great interview with Ellen Kahn the Director of the family project for the Human Rights Campaign. We discuss the possibility of LGBT adoption becoming the new issue to attack in the next election cycle.


Also, Ellen tells us about the new Welcoming Schools program designed to provide the elementary schools tools so they can better service our families.


Our song of the show is by Hotel Eden and is called "The Take - Home". Hotel Eden is actually the solo project of Kelly Warner. His new album A Way Back Home is scheduled to release May 26, 2009. You can get more information on the Hotel Eden website. You can always find new and great music on the Podsafe Music Network which is where I found out about Hotel Eden.


Finally I give my thoughts Representative Steve King from Iowa. He has been attacking the LGBT community for years. His latest show was put on during the mark up of the Hate Crimes bill this week. I go through his sordid history of comments over the years. My favorite is,
"Unicorns, leprechauns, gay marriages in Iowa -- these are all things you will never find because they just don’t exist."
Um, I guess Iowa should be on the lookout for unicorns and leprechauns cuz the gays are getting married next week!


However, I have an answer to Rep. King in the 2010 election. I'm calling for Ashton Kutcher to run against him. Now I can't take credit for this idea but believe me Kutcher 2010 needs to happen so we can get this guy out of office.


Thanks for listening and remember you can send me comments and show ideas by emailing me at lezzymom@gmail.com.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment