Sunday, September 21, 2008

Would Honest Abe Approve of His Party?

I am amazed daily at the amount of lies put out by the Republicans during this campaign. I actually have to remind myself that some of our greatest Presidents were Republicans like Abraham Lincoln. I wonder if some of these people would even recognize their party today.

Even though it has taken a while for mainstream media to call the Republicans out on their lies it is amazing what has happened on the web to try and drive the attention so mainstream media would need to react. One of my favorites is Count the Lies at McCainpedia.org. I don't believe any other candidate for President or Vice President has even been allowed by the media to outright lie over and over again. It has gotten so out of hand that MSNBC's Keith Olbermann has started to donate $100 to charity every time Governor Palin lies in public. He wrote a check for $3,700 and I'm sure this will get very expensive for him. I only wish he gave it to the Democratic Party.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I love this post... and your blog in general. I feel bad for Olbermann, hope he doesn't go broke. He'll have a big bill at the end of each and every day.

    ReplyDelete